quarta-feira, 28 de setembro de 2011

Possible reason for JBO-27019 - ADF Bussiness Components

Hi all,


Today I was working a lot only running the Application Module by itself.


I had a View Object that I implemented its Java View Row Class. After some time I decided to change one attribute from "String" to "Number", running the AppModule again was giving me the exception:
oracle.jbo.AttrValException: JBO-27019: The get method for attribute "attributeName" in "ViewObjectName" cannot be resolved.



Bored of trying to solve the error I created a new VO based on the same EO. The new VO worked, so, I compared both of them (the new one and the old one), one difference of course is the RowImpl class, I implemented it on the new VO too moved my comparisons to the Java RowImpl class.


This lead me to a strange IDE bug, after changing a Entity Attribute it does not refactor the ViewRowImpl class (I know it is too far for the IDE to know that kind of information but the fact is that it does not send us any intelligent messages about the error).


Changing the bold word (getters and setters too of course) to my new data type worked as magic:

        MyVOAttribute {
            public Object get(MyVoRowImpl obj) {
                return obj.getMyVOAttribute();
            }


            public void put(MyVoRowImpl obj, Object value) {
                obj.setMyVOAttribute((Number)value);
            }
        }


For more information about JBO (Bussiness Componentes for Java) error messages read this:
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/A97337_01/ias102_otn/buslog.102/bc4j/jboerrormessages.html#27019

sábado, 17 de setembro de 2011

Jdeveloper 11.1.2 Fails to render web pages in Design Mode

Hi all!

I was facing some issues with this new Jdeveloper release (11.1.2) also called a "SHERMAN" release.

The problem seldom appears but probably did some developers to reinstall the tool. Here is a sreen of the bug in all of its glory:


This bug usually occurs when something is wrong with your web project in particular, but when I looked into other projects it was happening to everything loaded with Jdeveloper, so this is not a project-specific bug.

After some time working out with Jdev user directory (here I find it under C:\Documents and Settings\MY_WINDOWS_USER_NAME\Dados de aplicativos\JDeveloper\system11.1.2.0.38.60.17), deleting and moving directorys around I released that a specific directory was giving the issue, its name is "o.j2ee.jsplib".

Looks like this directory store some information about libs that IDE uses to visualize JSF components, like taglibs or something else.

You just have to delete this directory and let Jdeveloper recreate it for you on the next start. Something inside this directory was not letting Mojarra Library start, here is a screen with the issue corrected: